For those serious about becoming a technical instructor and joining the ranks of DSAT technical instructors, the Tec Deep Diver Instructor course is an obvious choice. The DSAT Tec Deep Diver Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving.
What can Tec Deep Instructors do?
· Conduct the Discover Tec experience
· Teach the DSAT Tec Level One Diver course
· Teach the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course
What do I need to start?*
· At least PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification
· PADI Enriched Air Diver certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization · PADI Enriched Air Diver Instructor certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization
· PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course Instructor certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization · DSAT Tec Deep Diver certification or qualifying certification from another certification organization (eg:TDI,Extended Range Diver or equivalent/higher) · Have a minimum of 100 logged dives with at least 20 enriched air nitrox dives, at least 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet .Independently read and complete all knowledge reviews from the Tec Deep manual. Complete the Tec Deep Diver exams scoring 80%
What will I do?
The DSAT Tec Deep Instructor course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec Deep Diver course and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec Deep Diver course.
The candidate will complete practical applications 1,2,6,8 from the TEC Deep Diver course. Complete dives 2,5,7,9, and 12 from the Tec Deep Diver course. Review the Instructor Guide and course materials with the Instructor Trainer. Perform a skill circuit , scoring a 4 or higher (based on the IDC Skill Evaluation slate criteria) Perform 2 knowledge development micro teaching presentations, scoring a 3.4 or higher based on the IDC Knowledge Developement Evaluation form. Perform two open water teaching presentations from dives 2 and 3, scoring a 3.4(demo required) Perform two open water teaching presentations from dives 6 and 7, scoring a 3.4(demo required) Complete the Tec Deep Instructor Standards exam and Theory exam , scoring 80%
How long does it take?
The DSAT Tec Deep Diver Instructor course can take from one week ,depending upon candidate abilities and preparation
*There are additional exit requirements. To obtain the final rating from PADI/DSAT you must be an MSDT and have assisted on two DSAT courses. This course when conducted by a DSAT Instructor Trainer may count as one of these courses.
Maximum depth on course is 50M, candidates must carry adequate insurance for this depth and the use of gases up to 100% Oxygen (DAN recommended) and have a current diving medical.
If you are interested in this course, please contact :